1 Month In: Unveiling the iQOO 12

Hello ! Greetings Questers

Long Time, No see ! Glad to be back !

Having utilized the iQOO 12 for approximately 1 month, now for me it is the suitable to show my verdict and conclusion regarding this mobile device.

Design

Earlier i was using the alpha variant it was having a kind of textured finish which has good inhand feel, now i am currently using LEGEND version, the feel of the device is ❤️It has BMW Striped Pattern at the back which signifies the partnernship between iQOO and BMW M Motorsport.

Figure 1, view larger image
Legend Version

Display

Displays on high-end smartphones have been consistently impressive in recent years. It is therefore unsurprising that the iQOO 12 has an exceptional display for all types of content.

It acquires an extraordinarily brilliant sheen. I would characterize it as extraordinary due to the fact that it is an exceptionally impressive exhibition, particularly for the class. This is a 6.78-inch LTPO AMOLED panel operating at 144 Hz, featuring a 1.5K resolution and 10-bit color.

It has several features implemented in the software side to enrich the user experience.

Figure 2, view larger image
Visual enhancements,MEMC and Super Resolution

Camera

Its flagship-killer camera system is comparable in quality to other smartphones presently available in the market. It has the one of the finest camera hardware available.

The camera system of the iQOO 12 includes:

Main camera: 50 MP "Astrography Camera," 1/1.3" OV50H, Aperture F/1.68, Focal length: 23 mm.

Aperture F/2.57, focal length of 70 mm, 3x optical magnification, 1/2" OV64B, 64 MP telescopic telephoto camera

16 MP front camera, Aperture F/2.45, 27 mm focal length; 50 MP ultra-wide camera, 1/2.76" ISOCELL JN1, Aperture F/2.0, 15 mm focal length.

I must say, iQOO has killed in the camera department this time, it is one of the best camera device. I am sharing few pictures of the #iQOO12.

Figure 3, view larger image
Figure 4, view larger image
Figure 5, view larger image
Figure 6, view larger image
Figure 7, view larger image
Figure 8, view larger image
Under Low Lighting Conditions
Figure 9, view larger image
Figure 10, view larger image
Figure 11, view larger image
Figure 12, view larger image
Figure 13, view larger image
Figure 14, view larger image
Figure 15, view larger image

Performance

iQOO 12 is having Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Mobile Platform powers the iQOO 12. Additionally, it features extremely sophisticated LPDDR5X RAM and UFS 4.0 storage (I had the unit of 16+512GB ).

In addition, the iQOO 12 boasts a specially designed "Supercomputing Chip Q1" that enhances every aspect of the phone's gaming performance, including touch controls, graphics, frame rate, and image quality.

Figure 16, view larger image
2M+ Antutu Score
Figure 17, view larger image

Software

Funtouch OS 14, which is built on Android 14, operates on iQOO 12.

Figure 18, view larger image

In my view, the two most notable improvements are the enhanced smoothness and increased customization options.

There is a new, dedicated control center for ease of access.

Figure 19, view larger image

A specific page has been created for personalizing wallpapers and lock screens.

Moreover, the themes app allows you to modify the Always-on Display (AoD) style, color scheme, and icons.

Figure 20, view larger image
Figure 21, view larger image
Figure 22, view larger image

You also have the flexibility to change the lock screen shortcuts, use a lock screen poster, and customize the clock's font, color, and style to make your lock screen truly personal. Additionally, there's a wide array of wallpaper choices available.

Battery

The iQOO 12 is equipped with a 120W fast-charging adapter included in the package. According to the manufacturer, this allows the device’s 5,100 mAh battery to be fully charged from zero to 100 per cent in a mere 30 minutes. In line with other high-end smartphones, the iQOO 12 also incorporates a Type-C port for charging purposes.

Sharing my battery usage data :

Figure 23, view larger image

Software Updates

iQOO 12 Comes with Funtouch OS 14 based on ANDROID 14 out of the box , Recently we got 2 updates, now the recent version is and changelog is mentioned below:  

PD2307BF_EX_A_14.0.12.0.W30

Size: 207 MB

System

• Optimized the operating performance of the system to make it run more smoothly and steadily
  • Optimized the vibration effects of linear motors to provide a more immersive vibration experience.

Network

• Optimized network fluency and stability to improve your web experience

Power consumption

• Optimized standby power consumption in some scenarios to improve the battery life

In summary, this device is a game-changer in the flagship category, boasting top-tier performance and highly commendable cameras that instill confidence in any user. Significant enhancements have been made to the software, with numerous feature additions and optimizations. The battery life is remarkable, supported by a 120W flash charge, and the feel of the device in hand is simply delightful.

iQOO 12